Sunday 5 April 2020

the joy of tattered flowers

A lot of my flowers are looking a bit battered, tattered and chewed, but I've found that I kind of like that. Makes the garden loo klived -in.

russian snowdrop concrete pot pansies Rosemary
damaged daffs persistent pansies damaged daffs
Hellebores daily health walk OMG Nectarine

In the centre panel is my "hanging basket" (an old repurposed orange kettle) which contains a cheerful bunch of yellow pansies that have lasted the entire spring. They nearly died in the first week or so of lock-down, but then I remembered to water them, and after a few day's soak discovered that the petunia is also not as dead as one might expect.

Here's to the volunteers and returners, the slug-nibbled and pigeon-chomped. Keep on flowering!

No comments:

Post a Comment