Wednesday 17 July 2019

succulent shelf invaded by kitten


I've already removed the prime prey from the kitten - an irresistibly fluffy air plant (non toxic for cats) but the collateral damage, a nicely fluted Jade Plant (toxic to cats) now has a rather more deeply cracked pot, and the adult plant is..... mostly OK, although I do have a new cutting. For a few bad moments I'd thought it had disappeared into the kitten, but I found it batted into a corner.

Then I attempted to feed him a lettuce leaf (non toxic to cats) so he could get his curiosity about green things satisfied, as frankly I'm a bit sick of googling "is x toxic to cats" and apparently some cats fancy a bit of leafy greens. And he didn't like that at all. He didn't even watch the lettuce leaf from a distance.

This gives me hope that he'll leave my Tiny Twinkle Orchid alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment