Sunday 24 May 2020

chlesea flahr show rushes

This year there was no chelsea. I wasn't going to go (I can manage about one year in three) but I missed it nevertheless. The TV coverage never really hits the spot for me in a normal year. This year, show gardens have been donated straight to end recipient or broken up for bits, flowers have wilted in the nurseries, and while the nation may be fretfully and frantically gardening in their allotted spaces, it doesn't feel like the vast, blousy, decadent celebration of all things vegetation that I am craving.



Yeah, so I decided to fix that. In my back garden.



You have to work with what you have to hand, of course, which for me is a lot of playmobil, plastic dinosaurs, suffering plants and weeds. Though I did end up casting the show-tents from the knick-knacks, which seemed to work out quite well for them.



Hmp, I'm spotting errors already. But that's in the nature of rushes. Look out for more from the Chlesea Flahr show crew soon. It's a big show-ground after all (if you look at it from toy scale) and there is a lot more to get around.

No comments:

Post a Comment