Sunday 29 December 2019

bought too many bulbs this year

I bought too many bulbs this year. This isn't all of them, but I got one of those cut-price fun boxes available from major suppliers that contains everything they have in bulbs overstock as well as some carefully selected bulbs of stunning beauty from my local weekday florist plus whatever was on sale in Wilko. And then when I'd done all those things, Instagram lobbed about twenty-five adverts in my direction for Farmer Gracy, purveyors of bulbs fresh from the Amsterdam hybridising glasshouses.

bulb planting bulb planting
bulb planting bulb planting

So I've done a lot of weird things with the bulbs - underplanting shrubs, bulb lasagnas, taking them up to the allotment, planting them in unsuitable spaces "to see how it works out". And I did make a very small Farmer Gracy order, just for a few interesting items I'd not tried before.

The Farmer Gracy order turned up in etsy-adorable little paper bags tucked into a custom cardboard container of surpassing specialness. It was very much like getting an early Christmas present. But it is possible that didn't help with having too many bulbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment