Sunday 17 March 2019

planting the sweet peas

Last year I ordered very fancy sweet peas in precise colours. The week they went out, a heatwave descended, and they all died. So this year I went basic, and just grabbed what seemed about right from a local seed-pusher.

planting the sweet peas

I fancied some bright blue, salmon-orange, white and sky-blue-pink. The best blue was in a multi-pack, so I duly bought the multipack even though SpencerOld Spice Mixed and Bijou Mixed wouldn't normally make my list. Summer Sizzler, Blue Velvet, Swan Lake and Capel Manor, though, they'll do. Here are the seeds, not as tidy as last year's:

planting the sweet peas

Time for a good soaking now, will they sprout? Here's hoping. Of the leftover home harvested seeds I found in an old spice jar, not one single one germinated. Here's hoping the new ones come through.

planting the sweet peas

No comments:

Post a Comment