Friday 10 August 2018

no joy in its flowering

What a year we have had, so abruptly and brutally cold in late spring, and then so dry, for weeks on end. I'm not the only person to have suddenly and unexpectedly lost a magnificent feature plant:

oh no!!!!

The palm outside the University offices has flowered spectacularly. The blooms have a sweet, dark smell. I don't think the plant has survived the experience.

So many plants have flowered spectacularly this year; trees smothered with flowers and dropping branches, new growth anxiously shedding its leaves under the overbright sun.

It's no comfort to find that it's not just my poor Tree Fern that's in terminal decline.

ETA Tim got sick of me sulking and took me to a garden centre to buy fancy morcilla another Tree Fern. They were a bit shit though, so I just got a discount replacement fern off an internet garden shop. 

1 comment:

  1. Didn't have the fancy morcilla either. Burford garden centre: Don't believe the hype.

    ReplyDelete