Wednesday 15 February 2023

last february in the garden

 Last February in the garden was a distracted time. I was drawn away by stuff happening elsewhere and urgent. See Feb 7: "overwhelmed by it all".

Gardening record calendar February 2022

A few things are still in my worry list: "Spriggy looking thin". This is not referring to the width of my privet hedge, but how well leaved it is. In winder nowadays it looks twiggy and a bit bare. It's still there, plus the topiary chameleon is becoming misshapen. Time for a change?

"Happier up ladders" is nice to see. I was terrified of working at height after the post-stroke treatment left me fainting. But "kept dropping twigs on face" suggests that the visual field problems were still bugging me a lot. 

Finally: "are there wild hellebore?" Yes, my hellebore are self-seeding nowadays. Like my year-on-year Nigella, I can see how the fancy hybrids produce a simpler plant, ;less doubling, clearer, smaller, paler blooms. Not wild yet, but the beginning of the process of feralization.

No comments:

Post a Comment