Wednesday 16 December 2020

counting my december flowers

I'm no longer so surprised by my December flowers. But this year's are quite striking. Fuchsia Grayrigg, Salvia Hotlips, some random geraniums, an Erigeron (which is happily flowering away), a rose or two from the small rose bush that got big. Another Fuchsia, one with lovely lime green leaves, some of this year's Chrysanthemum set (grown from last year's seedlings of course - I haven't been to a garden show this year) including Santa, which actually is quite strikingly red and green and from the looks of it, will be flowering for Christmas. 

It was only when I got it inside that I noticed the aphids. Our cold snaps have been very snappy and not too cold, and nothing is suffering hard - yet. Including the aphids, it seems. Still, think of it as a Christmas treat for the house spiders.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment