Wednesday 24 June 2020

back garden fox encounter

I finally took one of those wildlife photos. You know the ones. All over the internet. Usually have the name of the person who took them in swirly cursive at the bottom right of the shot. Look at that! Adorable fox cub in the garden.
fox cub encounter
It's not my garden. In fact, I have suspicions of regular feeding, through the garden's owner was all innocence when asked. It's like when you see an animal on one of those wildlife shows, and the cameraman says, "normally these are really shy animals" and you just know that someone has been gently playing the habituation game. It certainly seemed to know its way round a pizza slice:

fox cub encounter
fox cub encounter
fox cub encounter
By way of context, I wasn't right up this fox cub's nose. I'm on my zoom lens. He was this far away:
fox cub encounter
This garden is a particular favourite of mine, there's always lovely things to see. I mean check this out: Agapanthus flowers sprouting from a split Agapanthus stem:
injured stem sprouts flowers
Weird, but also awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment