Sunday 10 November 2019

geodisic dome fantasies

So I found an amazing video of someone constructing a geodesic dome in a back garden in Birmingham apparently from components on twitter, describing it as a twenty minute build. Sadly twitter's advanced search is on hiccup this morning*, I'll put it back in if I find it later, but anyway, I watched it about ten times. It was lovely, and was reflecting on how sad it was that my back garden is too small for such shenanigans.

Then I remembered I have an allotment, that kind of needs a grow tunnel, but I can't find a good one, or a greenhouse, except that feels too permanent a build for an allotment, or a shed, except sheds are too dark for plants usually, and maybe what I actually need is a dome?

Does anyone make walk-in geodisic domes suitable for allotment use?

Oh, hello geopod.



The DIY cheaper version is Build with pods, but I quite like the glampy look of the proper one with its cute hazel lengths. Those small triangles could easily be filled with found plastic to create a greenhousish space, and it's big enough for a workbench and seat.

I think I'd end up putting it at the bottom of my allotment, which is pretty much dead centre of the plot. So I'm pretty sure I'll need tea-making equipment too.

*I think I'm unfairly traducing twitter and the original tweet's actually been taken down.

No comments:

Post a Comment