Sunday 7 January 2018

new year shopping binge

I haven't planted broad beans, or sweet peas. So I snapped up a cheap internet order from Seedaholic  (their hand-finished packaging takes me straight back to my small press days), ended up in Wilkos and bough £7 worth of seeds (masses) and today headed off to the cheap garden centre on the bypass looking for roottrainers which they absolutely had in stock, and seed compost of course (that stuff is so HEAVY). As I was leaving I saw the racks of orchids at post-Christmas sale prices.

This greenish beauty had checkerboard leaves and a ridiculously long flower-stem. Resistance is futile. She came home with me.


The pink thing next to her was bought on sale. I am the redeemer of reduced plants.This lady being attacked by birds, however, was sensibly left where I found her.


No comments:

Post a Comment