Friday 5 August 2016

PAVILION!!!!!

From time to time I feel I should really erect a pavilion in my back garden. A bit like the the long term plan of making bunting out of all of the fabric I'm too sentimental to throw away, it's probably never going to happen.

If I do make one, though, it will be:

  • Sheltering, unless elemental exposure is part of the point
  • Colourful,either in the materials it uses or light projected onto it
  • Glittering, glistening or sparkling, not fussy which
  • Comfortable to sit under
The Serpentine's pavilion this year is none of those things. White, dripping, boxy, bright, weird, and, yes, beautiful but sitting under it on a gloomy day is wet, draughty and dark.

serpentine pavilion 2016 serpentine pavilion 2016
serpentine pavilion 2016 serpentine pavilion 2016

We didn't linger.

No comments:

Post a Comment