Sunday 18 March 2018

the mini-beast is a brawler

So, I stumbled out into the garden on Friday and swept a quick fleece over the most blossoming of the tiny fruit trees. I rammed a quick handful of straw into the centre of my tree fern (having the previous week, lovingly unwrapped it from its winter hessian). And the following morning I ran out and quickly put more fleece on more things. And then this morning I went out and put more fleece on more things.

I'm not sure I've put enough fleece on enough things.

goofy dinosaur under the fleece, the blossom snow-mantled
quince blossom pot smile kaiju in the snow
snow-flattened fine horsetail reeds wallflowers

Worst of all, Dwarf Peach Crimson Bonfire has picked this weekend to bust its blossom. I've fleeced it, but flipping heck. The temperature out there is plummeting

No comments:

Post a Comment