Wednesday 6 December 2017

Dear Santa, for Christmas I would like...

The tinsel is in the shops. I've had my first mince pie. It's time to adjust my wish list. Here's what's making the list for 2017:
  •  Aquilegia chrysantha ‘Yellow Queen’ - once again, despite my conspicuous failure to successfully germinate the easiest seeds ever this year, I'm asking for Aquilegia in luscious sunset shades. 
  • Lily-Turf Liriope Muscari 'Okina' - easy-to-grow, eye-catching, low-maintenance.... and perfect for shady corners (which pretty much describes my entire garden).
  • Rhipsalis Monacantha - flowering cacti are calling me right now. This one is a rare Argentinian sprawler with exotic orange flowers and (!!!!) pink berries.
  • Coleus Blumei Wizard - Coleus I can grow just fine. The wizard series are single colour var.s rather than the usual allsorts mix, and include some lovely flames and a stunning flat-colour orange (how does it photosynthesise?). Seeds please, a cheap treat.
  • Chinese money plant - I'm feeling a bit guilty about this one, as it's painfully hip and ridiculously overpriced, but I've just opened up a great space for trailing greenery.
That'll do me, I think. Quite a short list compared to previous years, but long enough for surprises (and short enough that I can make up the set myself after Christmas if need be). 

No comments:

Post a Comment